1. Whistles excels at this sort of thing. The Polly Foulard print blouse (£60, reduced from £110) can be paired with its counterpart trousers for the full-on pajama look, or tucked into a high-waisted skater skirt for something a bit more girly.
2. Seeing as they’re made of a rare commodity, silk shirts aren’t ever going to be cheap, but this H&M silk blouse, at £39.99, is about as affordable as you’re going to get. It’s a gorgeous saturated shade, somewhere between tangerine and mustard, that will go beautifully with indigo skinny jeans.
3. NYC designer Alexander Wang knows a thing or two about making monochrome sexy (check out his last catwalk collection if you don’t believe me) and this white diaphanous T by Alexander Wang shirt (£99, reduced from £220) is no exception. Wear it bra-less if you dare.
4. At first glance this Topshop Boutique black silk shirt (£65) looks a bit severe, until you spot the cheeky cutouts on the neck and back. You could still wear it to work with a blazer on top and no one would be any the wiser.
5. There’s something so much cooler, and way less fussy, about a plain white shirt when it’s silk rather than cotton. This Jaeger washed silk shirt (£99, reduced from £140 at John Lewis) has got cute contrast buttons and rolled up sleeves that give it a neat preppy feel.