And last but not least, and may I add, with not long to go, it is my turn to follow in the footsteps of my celebrated peers and throw in to the black hole that we fondly call the internet, my highly unrealistic Christmas wish list!
1. Rumi Neely’s hair. Being a long-life fashiontoast lover, I do find myself feeling somewhat unworthy hair-wise when browsing her blog. The length! The bang on trend colouring! The way it always looks so effortless yet fashionable…Grrr.
2. David Guetta. Yes, I do get mercilessly teased and scorned for my awful taste in men and celebrity crushes alike, and yes so far David Guetta has been the worst. I am so far yet to find someone other than his wife that shares my views. So if you are out there, please do get in touch. I would love to know there isn’t something dangerously wrong with me.
3. Pantone iPhone cover. This is most definitely the most geeky item on my wish list. I do find most designers go gooey over Pantone Universe products, and I am no excpetion (I also work with Pantone and have secretly been wishing for them to send me one). Retailing from £29.99 and available from Amazon etc, it isn’t exactly cheap for a phone case, but hey, its damn cool.
4. The Gun Tattoo. As seen on the delectable Freja Beha Erichsen the World over, I don’t think I am alone is saying she made it acceptable for models to reveal they do, in fact, have a personality and sport inkings on the catwalk. Not that I am saying I am a model, and in fact I am completely terrified of getting a tattoo, but if I did, it would be in the same vein (NOT physical vein) as Freja’s tongue in cheek, yet oh-so-chic pistol etching on her left arm. All together now, who’s got a ticket to the gun show?!
5. Having in fact been on the precipice of buying this Barbour Wax Cotton Travel Explorer bag today, I have decided to wait until the Sales truly do kick in to see if its price tag does in fact get slashed. Having gone away for yet another weekend to visit friends and family, I just do not have a decent enough overnight bag and am craving this Barbour beast. Maybe this will be a ‘Happy January’ present to myself to stave off the wintery blues.
6. The Fairy Tales of The Brothers Grimm. Ever since I read a brilliant article on the Old Fairy tales and their ‘non-Disney’ origins in The Stylist magazine last month, I have been after a collection of the Brothers Grimm stories. I feel, at the grand old age of 22, I am ready to face reality and no longer hide behind Walt’s Mickey Mouse illusions.
7. A Personal Assistant. Now I am not claiming I am important enough to have one, it would just be nice for me and my scatter-brain to rely on someone else to sort all those bits and bobs I have to do. No matter how hard I try, I will never be one of the ‘O’ Crowd (that’s O for Organised by the way). Although maybe not a PA like Bubble…that might make things worse.
8. World Peace! And last but not least, and to sign off on a positive note for the whole Style & Then Some family, and in the words of Miss congeniality herself, lets all prey for World Peace the Christmas…and naturally harsher punishments for parole violators.