Struggling to grow your nails? I have the answer
It’s called Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps gel. Here’s why it’s so good and how it’ll help you turn your nails from stumpy and chipped to long, strong and hard.
- It’s seriously strong. It says Powerful Acrylic Gel on the bottle and they are not kidding. One coat of this clear gel and your nails feel harder right away – as hard as nail wraps they say, hence the name. Apparently this is due to a ‘patented breakthrough formula’. And because it’s a gel rather than a varnish it dries almost instantly.
- It looks good too. Wear it on it’s own to give your nails that lovely just-polished shine.
- It’s a great base coat. Even though it’s shiny, the gel retains a slight tackiness when it dries so nail varnish clings to it really well.
- It’s really long lasting. One coat will stay chip free for days. In fact, on occasion when I’ve put nail varnish over a coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps gel then used nail varnish remover, the gel actually stays put!
- It’s good value for money. It’s £7.45 a pop, but with 13ml in a bottle that’s almost double the size of your average nail varnish.
Up until a couple of months ago, when I started using the Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps gel, my nails used to chip all the time and whenever they got to a half decent length they would break and I’d have to file them back down. But now look at them:
(I don’t know about you, but I make sure to always match my nail varnish to whichever marker pen I happen to be using)
Thanks to Ms. Hansen, my nails have actually got to the point where I’m going to have cut them because they’re getting impractically long. But on the plus side, my nails are a blank canvas, ready and waiting for Helen to work some of her nail art magic on them. I’d like a yellow and black bumblebee manicure please Hels!
To get your hands (and more importantly, nails) on some Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps gel head over to Boots website.